Tuesday, September 6, 2011

seriously?

the new breast cancer awareness campaign on facebook? why do intelligent women keep giving in to this nonsense. its pretty infuriating when there is no clear link between tricking people into thinking you are pregnant and actual breast cancer awareness... in fact if a breast cancer patient has had to have a mastectomy it can often leave them feeling less feminine.. so what does society do? rub pregnancy (which is pretty darn feminine into their face.. gee what a good idea) 
this is almost as tasteless as the last round of using 
sexual innuendo to raise awareness...


instead, choose to educate the masses, do some research, 
like:
 last year 1.5 million women were diagnosed with breast cancer
in australia, 1 in 11 women are diagnosed with breast cancer
remember to do a checkup once a month 
OR


http://www.cheekycheckup.com.au/

1 comment:

Mei said...

Very well put! When I got the messages I didn't think too much of them, yet I knew I didn't want to even bother "playing". It's quite silly, I agree!

^ That was my deleted comment btw!