Sunday, March 28, 2010

sometimes we wait and nothing happens.

two years into my course,i still feel the same, nothings changed, not much. Maybe i'm forcing myself in trying to like the course. Still, it's only 2 more years and besides, i still have no idea as to what i want to do. A million things come to mind when asked what i want to do. there is that one thing... rewind, late 08 early 09, back to a little village surrounded by rice fields in rural cambodia. a weathered face comes to mind,a face carved by hardship that magically breaks into a smile despite everything that has happened. a little old lady, whose only surviving relative is a daughter stricken with AIDS who is struggling to make ends meet. rewind to the old man sleeping beneath a blanket of cardboard in the dust and dirt of Phnom Phen. no one does a thing to help because of their belief in karma. according to them, they deserve to suffer for a sin committed in a supposed previous life. at 2:14am in the morning, all i can think of is my want to do something, anything to give the elderly a better life. long have they been forgotten as children are still "young" and are better "investments" whilst the elderly have experienced life and hence have lived. what happened to dignity? what happened to social justice? maybe, this course, this stupid 4 year course i'm forcing myself through will eventually fund this desire of mine.. who knows. i might surprise myself if i dream big.


tomorrow, 1 month. ohlove

1 comment:

Joanna Faith said...

i empathize. i am consistently reminded of my desire to DO something to CHANGE my world. social injustices are always tearing at my heart. but i am also reminded tht my time at uni is a season that i need to be in. no matter how hard it is for me to come to terms w tht!