Friday, March 20, 2009

oh happy day!

i love etsy! every time i find something i like it just fills me with this happy, warm, sunshiny feeling. Sort of like how a picnic on a nice spot of grass on a nice, sunny, slightly breezy, day makes me feel happy inside.ANYWAY.. I was looking for a vintage/ antique vanity set for a friend and stumbled across this lovely store

where i fell in love with this

embroidered vintage vanity set

and was reunited with an old childhood favorite 
the poky little puppy by golden books
I remember this very vivid image of the poky little puppy and a strawberry shortcake. I am probably still as in love with this book as i was when i first read it.

Anywho, back to Inktiques (which by the way is also an actual store). It is run by a lovely lovely lady by the name of Michelle who was nice enough to put my items on hold for a rather long time whilst all the transactions were being organized. She also happens to be a writer who gives a few tips to aspiring authors on her blog GreysenInk. Seriously though, i think it's pretty amazing when people find something they are passionate about and are able to make it work. Writing AND running a vintage/ antique store? I WISH! only I doubt my writing skills would get me far. Uni essays are proof of my failure as a writer. But enough about me. Stop by and have a look at both the blog and the store to find that one of a kind book that fills you with childlike glee.. i did.:) i'm still smiling like a loon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks shen!
Yes writng and an antique store are a passionate wonderful writing lifestyle combo - but hard earned after almost 30 years in the corporate world, 2 major careers and single parenthood - my goal was to leave it all behind for self-employment and finding a way to make a living writing the minute my boys were educated and on their own - happy to say I did it!
more on my store at www.Inktiques.com - everything in the 'ink' world and all I am passionate about.
My blog (at www.GreysenInk.com) for apsiring writers is fast becoming a book later this year - so watch for the announcement at www.InklingsOnWriting.com

have a 'loon-smiling' great weekend!
thanks again!
Michelle Greysen